Sewn: Hawaiian Shorts


This is a sewing project that I completed late last year while I was still in Sydney, and while I was still writing my thesis and pining for summer. 

It's not just about my love for Sydney's summer - it's also about my obsession with Hawaiian print. 



Hawaiian print - the mere thought of those words is sufficient to make me smile and do a pirouette. You might think that I am exaggerating. I can assure you that I am not. 

I can't even remember where I bought this Hawaiian print fabric because it has been soooo long ago. It's 100% polyester with a texture that is similar to Billabong board shorts. So, of course, I had to make a pair of beach shorts out of it.


Pattern: New Look 6055, option E
Fabric: 100% polyester in Hawaiian print
Modification(s): I shortened the hem and opted not to include the belt loop (mostly because I was too lazy to sew them).
What I dislike about this pattern: Nothing!What I love about this pattern: It's super easy to sew and there are POCKETS!!!


Unfortunately, I have only worn this pair of shorts once thus far and it was not a trip to the beach. So, this is the only photo I have of the shorts to show to everyone.

I wonder when I'll get the chance to wear this pair of shorts again...

Anyhoo, I have about 1 metre of this fabric left and guess what I'm making with the remaining fabric? A matching bag!! :D


x g

Labels: , , ,