DIY: Rockabilly-inspired brolly

DIY: Rockabilly-inspired tattoo
Aloha Oe
Well, well, well. If I'm not wrong, this is the very first DIY post on this blog. Wow, it's been a long time since I last wrote about a DIY project on my previous blog.

This is actually a super quick, super fun and super cheap DIY project. More importantly, the possibilities are limitless!



Materials:
Permanent markers of various markers
1 x transparent brolly
Print-outs of your desired design - *flipped horizontally*

Inspirations
My original plan for this project was to draw a traditional American / Rockabilly / Sailor Jerry tattoo design on each panel of the umbrella. But I later thought that it might be a bit too much, so I settled for the Aloha Oe design instead. If I could, I would have this permanently inked on my left upper arm. I digress...


Flowers!
So, after drawing the Aloha Oe design, the brolly looked a tad plain, so I decided to add in more drawings. The flowers - if you look very carefully - are actually the same ones from the original Aloha Oe design. I simply changed the number of leaves for each flower to make them look different. 

And this is how you can make your own unique brolly!

Steps:
1. Place the print-out of the design on the external surface of the brolly wherever you want it and tape it in place.

Mirror-image from underside of umbrella
2. Position the brolly upside-down. This is needed because you will be drawing on the inside of the brolly! Outline the image with permanent markers and colour it in as necessary.

3. Wait for the ink for dry completely.

4. Repeat for the rest of the brolly as necessary. 

5. Done! 


And now, I can't wait for it to rain so I could use my new brolly!

Labels: ,